Reptidoodle :O

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Cammy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Honestly they are worth the money...well, actually I got a set as a gift and just buy individual replacements now, which saves a decent amount of moolah (for me at least, lol). They blend sooo nicely. BUT if you don't use colored pencils that often, you can still get a pretty good effect with el cheapo brands. The trick is to press really really really really really really hard. Really. Like, scribble. Trust me, try it. =D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i hardly use my pencils because they blend so horribly. though i used to be a pencil junkie when i was in highschool.

i guess i could get a few basic colors that i use often and see how i like them

Cammy likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I <3 my Prisma Color Colored Pencil Set :) I got the massive box as a gift from a boyfriend in high school and have had it since... just replacing a single here or there like Cammy. I also find it easiest to blend colored pencils on super grainy paper.... I've had pretty good luck with even the crappy pencils on nice paper. And nice paper is quite a bit cheaper than one of those prismacolor sets!

Cammy likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cammy

Are you a white colored pencil addict, too??? I go through those things like......something you go through really quickly...and the stores around me are terrible at restocking them, so I got a dozen for my birthday. That should last me 2-3 years at my current pace. =D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Diapers? :D

Cammy likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cammy

Ouuuuuuuuch. D'=

12. Shanna66

great, next time i go to the beach to get my feeders ill be sure to stop by the art supply store and get a small set

Cammy likes this.
  13. Cammy

Okay, this one's old, but it makes me laugh. I call Loki the Big Fat Prickly Pancake, and one time I drew this drawing of him on the whiteboard on the fridge.

[​IMG]

wren152, яowan.ω and StikyPaws312 like this.
  14. Shanna66

thats so cute! and perfect for a beardy lol

Cammy likes this.
  15. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

i have more :D really nice unfinished black and white argentine tegu
    DSC02286.JPG
    and a cute lil lovebird my other bird drawings suck this is only halfway good one
    DSC02283.JPG

яowan.ω, Cammy and Eme Demiri like this.
  16. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh nice!! (I miss this thread :( I need to get up on my doodling... lol)

17. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Geckolover, I literally spit out my chocolate milk. :O That is AMAZING. <3

wren152 likes this.
  18. Shanna66

my jaaw just dropped, that tegu is amazing. i try to finish one art piece a week but since skyrim came out ive been failing miserably. i havent drawn ethen in ages

19. geckolover22

lol thanks guys the tegu looks better in person :)

20. Cammy

Geckolover......if you don't finish that tegu...I will hunt you down and make you do it. That's my dream lizard and that picture is awesome. =D

So, you guys posting in this made me want to draw something reptile-y. I've been avoiding drawing for a few weeks now because I've been sick of the picture I'm currently working on. Anyways, today I decided to take a break from my stupid picture and play around with watercolors. This is Puff the beardie:

[​IMG]

It's not finished, but I figured I'd post it before I destroy it with the shiny-rainbow-barf background I will inevitably fill the white space with. Also, this is kind of a follow up to something I did a few years ago...also not a serious painting, just another watercolor doodle...but yeah, this is something I did after Puff died so it's kind of angry. The lizard is towards the center left of the picture:

[​IMG]

Yeah, so keep uploading, everyone. I love seeing everyone's work. =D

яowan.ω and geckolover22 like this.
  21. Badger711

Badger711 Member

...If only I was able...

22. Shanna66

i love watercolors, i recently discovered masking fluid

23. geckolover22

That tegu is to my dream lizard to have in the future :D so i can draw it and put it on my wall but never finished :/..Love the watercolors :3....wish i could paint i cant paint to save my life...

24. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Alright guys, I'ma try my hand at sketching. Either a green iguana or a beardie, not sure yet, but I'll do my best ,promise not to judge D:

яowan.ω likes this.
  25. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Placed my order on amazon, now to play the waiting game..