real or fake?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by honey3, Jul 27, 2004.

1. honey3

honey3 Embryo

should i put fake or real plants in my ig's cage? because i am really worried she might eat plants and get sick from them. could she get sick? what kind of plants should i put in it?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i would use fake because if she decided to get hungry and she bit the fake plant she would spit it out when she realizes it doesnt taste real

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. honey3

honey3 Embryo

O.K. :) thanks how big is your iguana just wanting to know how big mine might get

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Or she may not realise it's fake, and them become impacted it because she's incapable of digesting the plastic from which the plant is made.

Yes, some plants are toxic, so make sure you use plants that are safe for her to eat, like hibiscus, for example. Yes, she will eat it, but that's the point.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Derek

Derek Member

Allot of people use fake plants and I have not heard of any probs but it is possible

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. honey3

honey3 Embryo

where do i get hibiscus flowers? I've heard of them eating them but i didn't really know where to get at. I've searched websites becuase the vet sayed tha she needed more of wha was in the hibiscus flowers.

12. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Home Depot, or other garden centers. Anywhere that sells plants will have it.

13. honey3

honey3 Embryo

Thanks! so if i need watercess, alfalfa, endive, escarole, cilantro, or rapini, i could go to a plant store and get them because i don't even know what half the names are. do i have to rince them out with water after i buy them? because i think i do. this will be the first time Honey has ate a real diet, becuae i've been feeding her the commercial diets from pet stores tha the store owner recomeneded. but i did some research and found out that the commercial diets don't have what they say on the ingradients in the diet. and that it has cat - dog food protien and i don't want her to get MBD. becuase i want her to live a healthy life not a suffering one.

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

my iguana right now is boardering 3' from head to tip of the tail. mine is a male so im expecting him to get within 5-6'. since yours is a female expect her to get 4-5' maybe bigger

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Our male is a lil under 5ft. One of our females is a little over 5ft, and our other female is just under 6ft.