Rat pups?

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Katt, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Katt

Katt Moderator

Well they arent feeders but one of my rats I bought recently had a liter of 7 pups. Its been less than 24 hours and two had died.
    Is this common?
    They are eating. The female is small and too young to have been breed but it was out of my power. The pups are pretty large. I'm surprised how big they are but maybe its just because I'm used to baby mice.
    She is a hairless and probably less than 5 mos old. I have no idea for sure. any help would be appreciated. I do want them to live and be healthy.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

goosemoose.com
    its a big rat forum and the people there should be able to help. its where i get all my info for my boys

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Katt

Katt Moderator

Thank you. i will check it out.
    One more has died making three dead but the remaining four have been around for over 24 hrs without one dying so I'm hoping they'll be okay. Also one is abnormally lighter than the others. I'm wondering is it a sing that maybe itll have a light patttern or fur or if its something serious? they are three days old now.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i dont know enough about rat pups to help you. but the people at goosemoose help out alot of people with oops litters and will help you find homes for the babies if you need to send one a few hours or even days away. not too long ago there was a rat train all the way up the east coast just to deliver some babies to a good home

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Katt

Katt Moderator

oh wow. Thats wonderful. I've got homes for two of them locally and i'd like to keep one so theres one left but thank you alot for the help.