R.I.P Steve Irwin :'(

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by ludothegreat, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ludothegreat

ludothegreat Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Epona142

Epona142 Embryo

RE: R.I.P Steve Irwin :

A great man, and my hero. He paved the way for reptile relations and he will never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fearl3ss465

Fearl3ss465 Member

Crocidile hunter dies!!!

Guys Steve Irwin has passed away may we remeber him in mention for keeping reptiles safe and showing people they can live wiht reptiles!!!!! R.I.P Steve

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok.. now that sucks.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

A HUGE loss for the reptile world and he will be missed by many. Thougts go out to his wife and kids , family and frieds. what a bummer.... I saw this on CNN earlier and was really hoping it was a joke or something but it's not.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lovemylizards

lovemylizards Member

RE: Crocidile hunter dies!!!

i am in total shock... it just doesnt seem like it was his time... he accomplished so much and he could have done so much more... i cannot believe it... and his poor family... this is such a sad thing...

12. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

RE: Crocidile hunter dies!!!

There is a news article on our home page, I am just speachless right now, I have an email from him, from when we were trying to find out what the yellow discolorations and lesions were that was showing up on bearded dragons in the US. He was one of the first to responf that it might be a advance fungal that did not culture,,, and he was right

13. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

There is a news article on the home page of this site, with comments enabled to follow it so that we can keep these together under one location.

I am so shocked, I have some emails from him from him when we email thier facility for help/info about some skin problems that were being seen in bearded dragons in the US. What he sugested back ended up being the problem.

14. gazza

gazza Member

A great loss for the herp community my thoughts go to his wife and children

15. HockeyHerper76

HockeyHerper76 Member

Hmm, I didnt believe it at first when I saw the headline on the homepage, I thought it said a crocodile had died, and then I realized it said something about "44", so I read it all the way through. I remember watchin his show when I was real little and always sayin "croikeys"

16. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Crikey :)

17. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I wanted to go work with him after. But I guess that dream is over. RIP Stever Irwin

18. WRENCHETTE

WRENCHETTE Member

Let the angels take you to a place of peace STEVE!!!

19. Lessers

Lessers Member

When i first saw it i didnt think it was true. What a bumer, hes the reason im a reptile person in the first place. Out of all the deaths, a stuped sting ray :'(. I guess i'll never get to see him in person like i always wanted to.

Rip

20. moonjelly

moonjelly Member

I just found out and came onto this board to see if it had been mentioned. How awful. And a Stingray? I'm sure knowing Irwin he'd be quite happy for a snake/reptile to send him off eventually (it's been way too soon) but a stupid FISH? how frustrating. Poor man, and poor family.

21. jimbobroy

jimbobroy New Member

:shock: That is soooo sad. :cry: :cry:

RIP Steve

22. papercut

papercut Member

like most of you I watched Steves show when I was little (still do) and I used to wrestle the dog like he was a croc. lol he was also the one that got me fasinated with reptiles and I was hoping one day that I could work at his zoo when I am old enough. but I had no clue that he had died until my mom woke me up and told me that he had died (great way to wake up right?) and I was shocked that he had died that way because he was studying tiger sharks not stingrays. well I'm sad now RIP Steve Irwin

23. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Same here, but it was my sis that woke me up. I tlhought she was kidding. But she insisted. My mom actually taped the segment from the news for me to see cause she knew I wouldn't believe her. I still can't believe it. It's terrible... His poor family.
    R.I.P Steve Irwin :'(

24. FlyingMonkeySith

FlyingMonkeySith Member

my mom came and woke me up this morning also. i was speachless. this really sucks. :)

25. galacticgeckos

galacticgeckos New Member

I had never thought that I would cry for the death of someone I never met. He was my role model, my hero. I had always dreamed of visiting Australia Zoo and meeting him. I ache more severely for his family, especially his little daughter (daddy's girl) who he left behind. He will truly be missed. But we will always remember what he has done for this world. He is truly a legend.