question about shipping insects

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by caseyface, Jul 12, 2009.

1. caseyface

caseyface New Member

I was interested in buying some phoenix worms, butterworms and silkworms online. Most places say that they dont' recommend shipping to places above 95 degrees Farenheit.. where I live right now it is around 110-118 degrees during the day :p Should I wait til it gets cooler?

Also another question.. I've found phoenix worms at local pet stores but everytime I open up the container they are black or are flies or weird beetle looking things :D Is that normal? I thought they were supposed to be fat little worms.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wearentfree420

wearentfree420 Member

Hey, i live in AZ too and i have bought from mullberry farms.
    When you go to order in the comment section just say that it gets over 90 easily. They called me right before they shipped it and i told them to just leave it at the fedex place for pickup.

And they are supposed to be worms, the ones you have got were already developed =\.

Where in az can you find phoenix worms?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. caseyface

caseyface New Member

thanks for the reply :) i found phoenix worms at Pets Inc on Mill & Southern in Tempe and AZ Reptile on Dobson & Broadway in Mesa. Hope this helps :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wearentfree420

wearentfree420 Member

alright thanks.

If i'm ever down there i'll check for it, but i live all the way out here in Peoria, all the way on 109th ave.
    So, not exactly the Tempe area lol.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. caseyface

caseyface New Member

Oh wow thats far! Sorry, I'm no help, lol.