puzzling problem

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by countrygirl, Dec 31, 2004.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl Embryo

My iguana is eating but the food is not coming out. i think it is because i have moved him in his winter aquarium until i get a glass enclosure. if that is not the reason maybe one of you guys have a suggestion. thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. reptcrs

reptcrs New Member

Need a little more info. What size is the aquarium? How big is your iguana? What are the temps in his cage: basking spot, temperature gradient? What are you feeding him? :?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. countrygirl

countrygirl Embryo

the size of the aquarium is the size of a 22 g. but i get her out of it over half the day the only thing i use it for is so that she can go to the bathroom, eat and sleep. it is about 85 degrees all the time. and today i fed him blueberries, acorn squash, parsnips, mustard greens, and green beans. i cut them samller than his head so he won't choke. i don't have a basking spot because i take on daily outdoor basking when the sun is out. i think he is just a little stressed out because of the big change. i will wait to see what happens, to see if he will go. if he deosn't i am scheduling a vet app. on monday because they are closed this weekend. if you have any other suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. countrygirl

countrygirl Embryo

every thing is ok now because he went to the bathroom. but i am still going to take him to the vet just to be on the safe side. to tell u the truth, i don't even know if it is a boy or girl yet. when i get to the vet i am going to get a full check up to see how healthy it is. thanks for all your help. i will tell yall how the vet trip went when i get back on monday. i hope it is good news! Happy New Years yall!!!