pueblan milk snake

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by scarface104n, Aug 28, 2007.

1. scarface104n

scarface104n New Member

today i purchased a pueblan milk snake at petco look great , they said they fed him/her thursday. I have a corn snake that i feed ever four days. I was wondering if i could feed my milk snake the same way. they said to give him/her 2 pinkies ones a week is this right.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. deb02

deb02 Embryo

My young snakes eat 2 pinkies every 5 days. My adult eats every 7 days.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. scarface104n

scarface104n New Member

thanks for the help but i decided to take him back he was way to skitish expecially when i put him in the feeder tank. he would run into the glass hard i'm still fairly new to snake so i guess when i have more experience I'll get a milk snake i just felt bad for the poor thing he seemed real stressed. got a ball python instead all i have to say is it my fault i should have done my research like i usually do i was going to get a black mexican king and fell in love the milk snake but it didn't work out.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. artgecko

artgecko New Member

Millk snakes are skittish when young, very flighty. I have to feed mine in his enclosure because if i pick him up before hand he won't eat. Thats not to say he's not tame more like he's just fussy. still my favourite snake though