Proves that iguanas have sharp teeth. (pic)

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by KLiK, Aug 2, 2004.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i was checking out websites that have information on reptiles and i stumbled across one with iguanas. this man had tried to touch his adult male green iguana during breeding season and this is what happend

[​IMG]

i figured this would let all people know that iguana's teeth are very sharp and male iguanas should not be messed with during breeding season.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CybeR

CybeR Embryo

AHH! When is breeding season?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

depends on the iguana i heard. some iguanas never go through and agressive breeding season. but i would be careful if i ever saw my iguana act really viscious.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. iturbott

iturbott Embryo

I guess a good response to those pics would be OUUUCCHHH.
    I am thankful I have females.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kornyali

kornyali New Member

Oh gross! Good thing my boy has never bit me. :shock:

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

The iguana rescues that I have seen at the shows in Virginia and North Carolina have some pics in the display they setup that put those to shame. Iggys can do some really wicked damage.

12. Keeper_of_Lizards

Keeper_of_Lizards New Member

ugh do you know if the females will be mean too? Mine has pms everytime you get near her scary thing she is *shudders* but i still TRY and handle her everyday :cry:

13. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

females arent suppose to be aggressive during breeding season but there are always come exceptions to the rules.

14. theone

theone New Member

ow

jp

15. BD59602

BD59602 New Member

well those look nice. i have a friend that got bit in the face by an iguana, it wasnt as severe as that but it didnt look too good. it was pretty funny tho, lol. it wasnt breeding season the iguana just plain didnt like him. we took him to the hospital to get it cleaned out and the nurse asked what happened, and we told her he got bit in the face by an iguana, she busted out laughing:)

16. boygman

boygman Embryo

i hope my igauana doesnt try killing me when he gets big

17. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yeah, iggy bites can be some of the worst reptile bites you could get (short of being bit by something venomous)...

I've seen iguana bites that make monitor bites look like lil scratches.

18. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

wow do you have any pics of those Axe?

19. tigor9117

tigor9117 New Member

ohh man.i am so lucky.i had a 5 foot iguana when i was 11 years old and he was a male .my brother told me they don't bite so i would always handle him with no fear.

20. boygman

boygman Embryo

usually when im bored and sitting here my baby iguana just sits here on my arm nicely...as i was reading this he crawled up my arm and as i tried turning him around he whipped me right in the eye...iguanas are abusive

21. crotalusadamanteus

crotalusadamanteus Embryo

IGGY Bite

Looks like he wollopped you pretty good.
    havent seen anything like that, since my friends full grown Savanah male bit into his hand.
    He required some stitches though.
    You could count yourself blessed. He's just marking whats his. :D
    I'm sure its done outa love. :) HA HA HA

22. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

You are definitely alone in that dream.

23. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

hahahahahaahahahahaha

24. Charlie_Bobbyjo

Charlie_Bobbyjo Embryo

We just rescued a Iguana from a very neglective family and last night I was playing with our Boa and my husband was holding charlie our Iguana and our 2 year old got in his face and Charlie slapped him right on the cheek we kind of laughed once we seen that our son was ok, but I bet he won't get in Charlies face again. (my husband was blocking our son's eyes just incase Charlie descided to slap him, thank god)

25. hpimichael02

hpimichael02 New Member

yea ... ive had my 3 Yr old Rhinoceros Iguana mistake my fingure for a grape , i guess that what i gte for hand feed papaya and mange before the grape. he almost took my fingure off, just bled for hours...