Pictures of my New turtle enclosure.

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by scarr105, Apr 13, 2004.

1. scarr105

scarr105 New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Smileen

Smileen Member

very cool, is that a sink drain in the water basin? Is it for cleaning? That's an awesome idea

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lacerta

lacerta Member

Shane, That is awesome !!! I like the flush mounted water basin with drain. You can't buy something like that. Not only do you have a great enclosure for your turtles but you also have the pride of telling others "I built it". That is priceless. Great job! George

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. scarr105

scarr105 New Member

The water area is a rubbermaid container I cut the lid off of and cut a hole in the middle and inserted a normal sink drain. It makes for easy cleaning of the water and most of the dirt. The only problem I have encountered so far with the drain system is it clogs every once in a while, just like your Kitchen sink if to much food or dirt tries to go down the drain at once. It's an easy fix and make change out water a breeze.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

The cage looks great! Love the drain, great idea. Glad to see that all your hard work has paid off!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. coldbloodedkeeper

coldbloodedkeeper New Member

wow that is really kool!! i have been wanting to build my 3 turtles an outdoor encloser for 3 years now, but need a cheap way to do it and so far i cant think of one. the drain is a great idea and i may use it in the future, and you built that yourself, that is wonderful you did a great job and it is a beautiful setup.how many turtles do you have? i have three ........ so far, i really like turtles, and mine will eat or at least try anything i give them. they even eat hotdogs and watermelon! and i spiol them.:}

12. cd

cd Member

Wow! I saw the first pictures of the building process, and I've been waiting to see how it came out. Its very nice, you should be very proud of yourself. :)
    -Cristine