Pic's

Discussion in 'Boas' started by VinnyD, May 4, 2009.

1. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Here are a few pic's of my 2005 male Pokigron, Suriname Bcc, His name is Ben-after Ben Roethlisberger QB of the Steelers he's #7 and my male was male #7. All pic's were taken since dec 2008, some of the pic's have 2007/1/1 but that is wrong..

Him as a yearling-

[​IMG]

and these pic's were taken out doors in the sun a few days ago!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this pic was taken later that night with no flash, showing his Golden/yellowish backround!! I love this pic...

[​IMG]

and these 2 were taken dec 2008-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my female Belknap Suriname Bcc- Rosey- The date on this pic is wrong as well it was taken Dec 2008, while they were breeding YAY...

[​IMG]

The male is about a year too young to breed, but i did see sperm plugs on him once

here is a pic of them breeding, it was taken Feb 2009

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoy!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

WOW :D
    I've gone all green with envy, wish you great success with the breeding, should get some stunning boas.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Thanks!! Lets hope for the best right now im like 60/40 that she's gravid lol. Still a couple of months before she will start to show or ovulate!! Only time will tell. Thanks for the comments i really appreate them, I have worked very hard to aquire these 2 stunning Suriname Bcc's. Their my babies lol :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Next i want to get a pair of Iquitos, Peruvian Bcc's from RioBravo Reptiles. I have always wanted a true Amazon Basin Bcc!!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bruno

bruno Moderator

Well, I've only got my 3 BCI's, I'm hoping she's gravid as well.
    It's been weird though, she missed last year but started mating last October till well after Feb.
    She doesn't seem to show anything as yet but I'm hoping. Previously she given birth regular for three years, haven't a clue why she missed.
    We dont get many "high end" morphs here in the UK and those that do come on the market are well outside my finances.:D
    I've never heard of, or seen any, Iquitos here.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

My Suriname's were breeding from October until Febuary as well. it is not uncommon IMO for them to miss a year esp after three successfull season's. Man no Iquitos, Peruvian's over their? Man they are awesome!! Dont get me wrong my Suri's are stunning, but i just want a true Amazon Basin Bcc and the Iquitos local's IMO are the prettiest!! Since Suriname Bcc's are not Basin's lol.. Do you have pic's of your Bci's? I would love to see them!!!

12. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Bruno, have you ever seen an Iquitos, peruvian Bcc?

13. bruno

bruno Moderator

I've never even seen a picture of an Iquito.!!

Here's my 3

Tenza the 3yrs daughter.

[​IMG]

Ben my 17yr old male
    [​IMG]

Saturn 9 yrs old female
    [​IMG]

Feeling frisky.
    [​IMG]

14. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Those are some really nice BCI's, They should make some killer babies. I bet that 9yr old is huge!!!

15. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Check out riobravoreptiles.com he has some good pic's of all of his local Boa ssp including Bcc and Bci's. Check it out, great information and awesome pic's. Thats where i got my male from!! How big is your 17yr old male?

16. bruno

bruno Moderator

Will check that site out.

Ben is about 8 1/2 ft

Saturn a touch over 9ft and being so big it's hard to tell when she's gravid, think she weighs 50 lbs.
    I've had about 160 babies from her so far.
    You can tell by the markings on Tenza how good they are, complete circles on back and almost a ladder tail.

17. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Yeah i saw her markings georgus to say the least. Im hoping for some babies soon. And if it didnt take this year i can not wait until next lol..

18. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Love all the pics from both of you :D
    All your boas are stunning. Bruno Tenza is beautiful, never seen such amazing markings before and I cant believe Ben in 17!
    This is probably a stupid question, but all these different names for boa's (eg. BCI's, Pokigron, Suriname Bcc etc).
    Are these all the same species and just different morphs? Or are they all slightly different depending on where they're from?
    Im a bit clueless lol.

19. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

OK, simply put BCI stands for (Boa Constrictor Imperator) Common Boa's and local Island Boa's as well. And BCC stands for (Boa C. Constrictor) "true" Redtails. Pokigron is located in Central Suriname South America. These are not morphs at all they are locality Boa's. Check out this whole site you might find it very intresting!!!

http://www.boa-constrictors.com/com/constr...am/surinam.html

it has all the true redtail localities and a map of where they range!!!!

20. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi Ryan,
    BCI is boa constrictor imperator
    BCC is boa constrictor constrictor
    BCI's are usually smaller and have brownish tails, whereas the BCC's are considered the "Redtails" species
    They all range from Mexico all the way down through South America and some islands as well.
    The other names such as Suriname are the locale (region) where they are usually found.
    There are at least 10 sub-species.
    I'm going to be very lazy here and offer you a LINK to the Wikipedia site, give all species and distribution

21. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Thanks Bruno, you just saved me a lot of time lol. Also check out the link i posted it's very intresting as well...

22. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Man i thought their would be more posts about our snake's Bruno!!

23. Ryan1990

I'm reading through those links as I type, so hopefully it will all become clear to me.
    One last question, are all "common" boa's red tails? Or is the red tail trait only in some of them? Or do some just have less red tails but are still called red tails? I hope that makes sense lol.

24. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

NO, Common Boa's are Common Boa's BCI. And True Redtails are true Redtails BCC, they are a totally different sub-species!!! Color in the snake and the tail has nothing to do with the names, yes true Redtail's (Bcc's) usually have nice red tails, but i have seen some rather ugly if you will, true Redtails.. Hope this helps out a little bit

25. Ryan1990

Ok thanks :D its starting to make sense lol. Sorry if I seem a bit slow on this.
    So basically the phrase red tail, is the subspecies not how it actually looks, as I've been told before it is just a trait and they are all common boa's so this is where my confusion came from. Are the differences between the subspecies noticable? Or is it had to tell one from another? Is there any chance you could tell me which mine is, as it was sold to me as a redtail but starting to think it may not be a true red tail. Heres the link http://www.reptilerooms.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64093.
    One last queston... can the subspecies breed with eachother?