ordering crickets online

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by skoo, Jul 4, 2004.

1. skoo

skoo Embryo

i live in NB, canada and i was wondering where the cheapest place to order my crickets online from?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

Oh wow. I have no idea, hopefully someone who lives in Canada will know better.

Have tried doing a search for "feeder insects canda" using google? Also try Ebay - I heard today that someone there is offering feeder insects - you may need to try specific words, worms, crickets, etc.

Sharon

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. skoo

skoo Embryo

thanks a lot!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptiler13

reptiler13 Embryo

i wanted a little feedback on the oredering online, have you had any problems. any thing i should look out for any help will be appreciated

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. skoo

skoo Embryo

i decided not to order online cuz its the same price as buyin them here from the pet store , once all the fees come into play. but thanks anyways

12. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

The only problem I had with ordering them online is my post office screwed up and tried to deliver an oversized box with live stuff to my "box". I have a HOUSE address but my mail goes to bunch of mail boxes on a road about 2 miles from my house. I told them I would pick them up at the post office but for THREE days they tried to send to the box.

Well, eventually the crickets died in the heat, smelled REALLY bad and the post office sent the nasty smelling box to where it had come from.

Back then the insect company I was dealing with was fairly new and they didn't issue me a reciept, the receipt was on the cricket box. No cricket box = no reciept = no refund. Really crappy huh?

Anyway, most of them are much better than that now. And I've learned to call my post office and give them a heads up. Because I live in a TINY TINY town, they have begun to let me come in before business hours to collect my boxes with live stuff. Frankly I think they just like to see what freaky thing I've ordered now! YKWIM?

Sharon

13. flang_uk

flang_uk New Member

ive heard of this "slurry" stuff to feed sick leos can u actually buy this, or is it just a mixture people make up themselves?