OH NO- now what?

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by kazmar, Apr 11, 2008.

1. kazmar

kazmar New Member

My kingsnake died last night. When I bought him from the pet store, the lady told me to put him in the container that she gave me with a mouse to feed him. She said she leaves them overnight, and takes them out in the morning. Well, last night, I put the snake in there, for only a few hours. The thing was made of plastic. I put the container in his regular cage, and I think the air holes were too small or something, because when I checked on him a little while later, he was dead. I took him out, and he felt way too hot on the bottom. I was devastated. I kinda feel like it was the pet store lady's fault, for telling me to do that, but then I feel like it was my fault too.
    Anyway, I loved that snake. And now I don't have him anymore. If I get another snake, do you guys think that it would just remind me of Cinder? Or would getting a new one (maybe even one that looks the same) help me feel better?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

when my beardie died i felt horrible until i got a new one. i would ask the manager for a refund.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Thats too bad.
    I would be willng to bet that the combitation of the small air hols and the heat did it.
    When I feed I never place a plastic container on a heat source. its a good way to very quickly over heat a reptile.
    And the most important thing is to learn and not repeat a thing like that, it happens.

As for owing pets, death is a part of it as well. we all out live out beloved animals unless you get a big totise.
    I would get a new snake after a morning peroid. waite untill you are ready for another snake. I find the joy the animal bring over their life time much more rewarding than a few months of sadness when we lose them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Ratsnake

Ratsnake Embryo

Has anyone noticed that the last two posters are replying to a year old topic. It's dead, people.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Yea I noticed after i had already posted...