odd question

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by superchole, Aug 8, 2004.

1. superchole

superchole New Member

ok this maybe be a dumb question but is it possible to train a iguana to use a liter box. thanks for the help

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Darina

Darina Embryo

it can be done, I have heard of it before. Iquanas will usually pick a favourite spot in the enclosure to go to the toliet, if this is the case put a cat litter tray at that spot and fill it with sand, change it daily or Iquanas sometimes like to go the the toliet in water, if you have a large enough water bowl (so his whole body can fit into it) this could work. try these out out, if they work let me know!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

darina's right. many iguanas that free-roam have been trained to use a cat litter box, newspapers, or something similar. our big girl xena always uses her water tub (she's not free-roaming, though). i hate the idea of free-roaming, though, for so many reasons . . .

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lturbott

lturbott Member

Our Serafin had a spot in her enclosure that is her "bathroom" where she goes. That was up until the other day when she decided to use her large water dish! So now, a new water dish and her old one is going in her "bathroom". Lets hope that works. :D