now again :( ELUNE GOT LOOSEEE

Discussion in 'Boas' started by teiryklav, Apr 23, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

now, a STUPID 7th grade student opened elune's tank without remembering to put the lid back. i should have really consider herps saying about getting a combination lock :)
    and now it got loose. i dont know if i can find it
    think it got on rainwater tunnel that goes anywhere over the school!!
    that means...

ELUNE CAN BE ANYWHERE :lol:

i should sue that guy.

how can i find her with this problem??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. crusty

crusty New Member

i am sorry to hear about that. dont loose hope though, am pretty sure is just hiding near by.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

If you can/allowed to. You can place flour near possible hiding places. Most likely Elune will be moving at night time. if you see her tracks in the flour than you wil know she is close.

How long has it been since her last feeding? If its about time, you can set up a bait bag. Place a rat/mouse in a paper bag large enough for Elune to get in side of. When Elune eats the rat she may stay in the safty of the bag. Put a under tanke heater under the bag for a nice warm place to digest.

No dont sue the child for being dumb, just remove any and all snake holding privlages.
    Then get a better/locking lid for the tank/cage.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

first idea is not a good idea. i wont be allowed.

the feeding is one problem. some days ago, i left a gecko with her. she's been missing from yesterday morning (my teacher noticed that)
    and the lid is opened. i havent checked her since. i dont know if the gecko has left too because of the opened lid, or elune has eaten. :)

just got one there. my first and last snake till i moved up :lol: :lol: :(

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bruno

bruno Moderator

I'm so sorry Elune has gone missing after all you have done for her.
    The outlook is not good unfortunately due to the fact she's in a school and not home.
    All you can do is ask all your friends to keep an eye open for her.
    That species of snake do climb so always look up as well as in dark corners and small spaces.
    Hope she is spotted soon.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

thx all.
    guess elune climbs only at night.

i'll be doomed if anyone find this snake and get accident (even though she's docile & non venomous) or just get shocked. :)

12. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

crap, i've just gone to take the tank back when i noticed that a long brown thing is indeed inside the tank!
    ELUNE's there!!!!! YAY :) :lol: :lol:

guess someone has found it and put it back, thx anyone :(

13. bruno

bruno Moderator

YAY :)
    Thats great news.
    It's a pity the teachers dont take more responsibility in supervising, who and when people can open the tank.

14. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

that's not the teacher's fault.
    i told them not to open too. they always opened it when i'm not around. my sister said her friend open the lid and tried touching it with a sharp ruler.. :)
    poor elune..

15. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

WOW, Thats a tuffy!! Your best bet would be to tell everyone to keep an eye out for the snake, Cuz a Boa would have a feild day in a school. Check all the warm places you can if possible. I wish you the best of luck finding her, next time get a cage that has a lock either a combo or key!! Thats what i used with all of my venomous snake's in the past. Again i wish you the best of luck finding her. Just dont stop looking, and try to look at night since Boa's are nocturnal and become more active at night. Goodluck

16. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

thx for all advice vinny. but if you look at another newer post that wirte that she has been founded by someone :)
    here its just hard to keep reptiles normally. and its even harder to give them proper tank and also a lock!! wew :)
    still growing country, only few keep reptiles :D
    hope reptiles grow here :)
    wats your collection vinny? you keep venomous? what? eyelash vipers? rattlers?

im having a pacific boa, a RES, and a crocodile skink. :)

17. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

Right now i only have a 2005 male Pokigron, Suriname (local) true Redtail Boa and a 2003 female Belknap Suriname true Redtail Boa!! The female is possibley gravid. I have kepy venomous in the past and im planning on getting a trio of Yellow Eyelash Vipers, and a pair of Ituri Forest Rhino Viper's!! Hopefully soon. I was betten in 2004 by a West African Bush Viper (Atheris Chloroechis) and i almost died i was 17 at the time. But in my home state of Florida i have caught and bread EVERY native species of venomous snake's and non-venomous as well!! Im only 23 but i have almost 15 years of experience keeping and studying reptiles snakes mostly!! and about 13 years working with venomous, i also have 1000 hours of venomous snake training under my belt as well. I started very young, i caught my first venomous snake when i was 6 on the playground in kingerdarden it was a Eastern Coral Snake and ever since than i have been out catching EVERYTHING lol. Now that i live in Pa their's not many snake's around except for very few Copperheads, Black Rat Snake's, and Garter Snake's!! Actually my neighbor woke me up this morning he had a Copperhead in his shed "i should have got pic's but was too worried about relocating the snake"!! But i caught her and took her to a local cave syatem wheir i have done some reaserch on Copperheads and she was happy IMO lol..And im happy you found the snake is he/she still in good condition?

18. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

WOW you got a lot of experience out there :)

yea elune is doing great :D

19. VinnyD

VinnyD New Member

That i do for only being 23 lol :D And im glad elune is ok!!!