newcomer

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Anders, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Anders

Anders Embryo

Hi everybody...

Well I dont have a question to ask I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Anders and im from Sweden currently living in Greece. Whats more important for you is not who i am, but that I have an iguana.

Well my iguana's name is Dino and he is 4 years old. Although i say Dino is a he i suspect he is a she. *hmmm that sentence proved my english skill huh LOL*

I havent measured his length in a while but I will any day soon + taking sum pictures for you to see.

I let him free in the house to give him as much freedom as possible but which can also be really nervbreaking sum times. He breaks quite sum stuff :wink: . When he is tired he sleep on my computerscreen (notice not a flat screen :shock: ). Once he ran away but believe it or not he came back 3 days after. I thought for sure I lost him forever...

My Dino doesnt like water much, he doesnt like metal music but he starts to like it more :). He is really picky with food he has to have the most expensive one otherwise he doesnt eat.

I will continue with more details later on...

Cheers to Axe and cheriS

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site! Can't wait to see pics!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Welcome Anders! It's great to see another new face around here, and like Biochic said, can't wait for the pics as well.

Looking forward to chatting with you more,
    Rebecca

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

welcome from me, as well! get some pics up and we can help you sex him/her! if you have any questions, we're here! :)

p.s. here's some sexing tips:

long spines on back of neck - male
    spines get shorter on the back of the neck - female

large jowls and large round scale under jaw - male
    small jowls and small round scale under jaw - female

large femoral pores (look like large scales protruding in a row under the hind legs) - male
    small femoral pores - female

small to large 'bump' on nose like rhino (can actually look like a spine) - male
    no bump or really tiny bump - female

here's our 5 year old female's head (note that all the spines on the back of her neck are pretty short and are different sizes and note how small her jaw/jowls are - no nose bump either) :

[​IMG]

here's a pic of a male (note the large jowls and gular scale and long spines on the back of the neck - large nose bump, too): http://httpd.chello.nl/~p.vdschaaf/images/...rica/Iguana.jpg

:D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Anders

Anders Embryo

Thanks everyone for replying to me :D

I have a question, to be able to put pics in the message you have to have them on a website? :roll:

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

you don't have to have them on a website, but you have to have them on the web or on a server. the easiest way is to go to photobucket.com or another free picture host and load your pics there. then come back here and in your post type the following *without* all the spaces between every character:

[ i m g ] h t t p : / / w w w . w h a t e v e r . c o m / p i c t u r e n a m e . j p g [ / i m g ]