Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by MintyHippo, Jun 6, 2005.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

argus monitors are more of a display animal then a hands on one. they will tolerate being taken out for cage maitenance. it is all up to how committed and the experience level someone has with reptiles. they are not the best begginner monitor, but they arent one of the hardest to take care of. they are better then a nile but not as good as a sav

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

I agree completely. I also think though that experience with similar reptiles comes into play. An experienced gecko owner is not likely to be ready to step up to a 5 foot monitor overnight. I believe "reptile upgrades" are best taken in steps, not leaps.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

im going to have to agree with you on that. MintyHippo what other reptile experience have you had? anything dealing with big lizards?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. MintyHippo

MintyHippo Member

My friends older brother works at a pet store 4 1/2 foot asian water monitor we go up there with him and we help out with the monitor we feed him my friend and me clean out his cage we put his harness on him walk him around the store and we help out with the savs they keep there every time they get a new herp in were up there helping?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. TeguFan

TeguFan New Member

savannas and blackthroats make realy good pets, but i realy love tegus and i would go with a argentine black and white tegu, but thats just me i hope you have with your new freind what ever it is

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. TeguFan

TeguFan New Member

Have fun i mean.lol

12. MintyHippo

MintyHippo Member

So far I have been researching and I like the Bl throat monitor and a Argentine bl&wh tegu but I dont think I'll have room un less my parents let me build something out back which they won't let me so I am probably going to get a Ackie or a Timor I cant decide which do you guys think?