New Viv

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Blankminded, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Blankminded

Blankminded Member

Im done just yet. I have a few more plants to add and i wanna let it set after its all done for a few weeks before adding anything. Ive been building this set up for a while and its good to almost be done. I made this viv for a group or redeyes and clowns. I have a pair or grey treefrogs but i dont think they would mix well with the other 2.

Any comments or concers would be great.

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lestat

lestat Moderator

Looks great! If I'm correct about what species those spotted plants are, you may need to move them closer to the lights. I love how natural the background looks.

Mixing any species is not a good idea. If you insist on doing it, however, make sure all frogs are the same size. Even if the smaller ones are only slightly smaller, the larger frogs could try to eat them. Tree frogs aren't built to digest bones, so that could lead to an impaction as well. There are all sorts of unexpected problems that could arise, so I avoid it altogether.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. anoleboy2

anoleboy2 Member

Nice viv! I really like the background and the pool is very nice.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sp1k3_420

sp1k3_420 New Member

looks awesome

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Descending

Descending New Member

I would keep it to one species. Too much problems can occur. With any stress or other things that are bad to the animal's health, they would just have to endure it becuase they are in a small space and can't just travel to the otherside of the cage expecting to not have anymore contact.