new to the corn section...what kind of morph is it?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by babybub, Apr 30, 2006.

1. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

Can we see a picture?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

I don't have any recent ones but I will try to get one.

Here's a picture from August of last year. He has an almost pinkish hue. I've seen pictures of Anery B's with that yellow coloration so I don't think that should be a deciding factor.
    [​IMG]

Even if it turns out to be Anery A, no biggie. We picked him up at a show and he was labeled as such, but I don't put much stock in what things are labeled as because you never know what the seller is thinking, ya know?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

I will definately try to get a picture later on this evening...if I can't get a nice one out on the table I will at least take a flash shot in his container.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

I would be surprised if that turns out to be homozygous for charcoal. Charcoals have pretty specific 'things' that set them apart. For one, the ground color compared to the saddle color is very different between charcoals and anerys, as are the eyes. Most charcoals have what appear to be solid black eyes.

But ya never know---I wouldn't hold my breath on that snake being a charcoal motley. How much did you pay for the snake? $50? I'd expect a charcoal motley to be 2-4x that price, when they become available.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

If I remember correctly, I think we paid $70. We also purchased a beautiful duo of CB Western Hognose females from the same person.

If it turns out to be Anery A, no biggie. I plan on concentrating on Lavenders and Bloodreds for the most part anyways. The funny thing was that he did have plenty of other Corns there, some labeled as Anery Mots and even Anery Stripes. The Anery Mots were very young and still had that "photocopier" black and white look to them. Who knows. I'll have to try him to one of my Snow females when the time comes to see if he proves out as an Anery. If he does, eh well, if not, then I guess I'll have to go out and get a proven Charcoal or Blizzard female and try that.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

Here's a picture of a charcoal mot that Rich Z took. Of course, he's the only one who's produced them aside from Jeff Mohr, that I know of.

[​IMG]

12. babybub

babybub Member

This one is SOO pretty.....i live the spots on the back..reminds me of bub

13. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

Yeah, but what does it look like as a yearling? The snake I posted a pic of is over a year old. Anery A's typically change a heck of a lot from hatchling on as well.

14. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

Here's a shot of my guy today:
    [​IMG]

15. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Very nice looking fellow!! Love the subdued colors!

16. babybub

babybub Member

very pretty...

17. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

It would be my guess that you have a pastel anery motley. It just doesn't scream charcoal to me.

18. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Nice-looking corn you have there DragonCharmTwo :(

19. DragonCharmTwo

DragonCharmTwo Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have some other pics that I will post as soon as I'm done processing them. I didn't feel like doing them all last night.

Like I said, it's no biggie what he is or may be (I'm more interested in Lavs and Bloodreds and maybe some Butters anyways), but the only way to prove it completely one way or the other is by breeding him to either an AneryA/Snow or Charcoal/Blizzard. That will take another year of waiting.