New owner of WTF's and facing problems!

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Feiny1369, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feiny1369

Feiny1369 New Member

Withing the past 3 days i have gotten 2 WTF's i will be posting some pics up shortly...but in the mean time i have a larger chubby one, and a younger one which is alot skinnier...My only concern is that the larger one is feeding just fine, and i have yet to see the little one feed. I have tried putting crickets in the tank he wont eat, I have tried using the tweezers with crickets he wont eat them, i have even tried putting a couple crickets and him in a little mini tank and he still wont eat... Do you think its just because hes in a new home and enviornment? please give me some feedback i feel bad for the little fella. Thanks!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Katibug06

Katibug06 Member

RE: New owner of WTF

First off, it is not a good idea to get WTFs of different sizes. If a WTF can fit it into its mouth, its dinner. Also, the larger one is probably eating all of the food.
    What size tank do you have them in?
    It seems common that WTFs get parasites, so a trip to the vet might be in order.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

I would separate them immediately. This will give the smaller frog time to " catch up". From what you said it seemed inferred that the whites were purchased at two different times, possibly from two different places, and if this is true, both should be checked out by a vet to ensure that there are no parasites that can be spread to one another.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nuggular

nuggular Well-Known Member

Also, it will take up to a week or so for you frog to get used to the new enclosure to feel comfortable enough to eat. So chillax and give him time to settle in.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. merebear843

merebear843 Embryo

How is everything going with your white tree frogs now?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lestat

lestat Moderator

Hey Meredith, this thread is a year old. Please try not to revive the really old threads. You're more than welcome to start new ones, but this one is dead. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.