new lizzard

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Heather(Ryoko), Jun 22, 2002.

1. Heather(Ryoko)

Heather(Ryoko) Embryo

I just got a new Anole to day. It's a girl. I hope it stays happy.:eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Hi, I was womdering how many anoles you have and if they do try to bred for you? I had a few, well 4, 1 male and 3 females about 4 years ago and they did fine but never had babies from them. Thanks

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

We keep three females and one male last year and two of the females produced a dozen babies. We turned them lose on our patio when about half grown and see them often out there. We live in florida so mild winters and they came through it fine

this is them just before release
    [​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. pastleyellowleo

pastleyellowleo New Member

do you catch your brown anoles???

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

The adults we caught in the back yard yes. It was just a little personal project to study them for a little while. Since the females became gravid and dropped eggs, we decided to keep them a little longer than initially planned just to make sure they made it through ok.

95% of the eggs hatched out into beautiful fat lil babies. Those were released when we decided they were big and healthy enough to survive outside.

We still see them around the patio by the back door outside, and they often come running up to us when we're sat out there.