New GTP setup

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by adam2373, May 22, 2004.

1. adam2373

adam2373 Member

Just picked this one up last week
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sally2003

Sally2003 Embryo

How many lizards are u planning on eeping in there? If its just one it will do fine but you migth want to upgrade if you plan on getting more. I ahve 5 geckos all 2gether in a 50 gallon tank. 3 leopards a dine gecko and a golden gecko. We got it as soon as we decided that two geckos wasnt enough. Just a thought

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. adam2373

adam2373 Member

LOL if you notice the small yellow curled up snake in there thats a Green Tree Python.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. cd

cd Member

I'm glad you pointed him out, I didn't see him the last time I looked. :p Such a teeny little guy!
    Do you have to heat it? Will that melt the plastic? It looks like it would really hold humidity well.
    -Cristine

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. adam2373

adam2373 Member

If you notice on the cage lid there is a screened hole cut out. I use a 15 watt night bulb and keeps the temp at night at about 80-82 f. During the day when we all leave for work the ac is turned up to 80 f. So heating is never a problem. As far as humidity it will hold 80-90% from 2 mistings a day, one in the morning before I leave for work and one when I get home from work. At night it dries up properly to about 60-70% for the humidity cycle that tree snakes require. Personally I swear by tupperware for humidity loving reptiles.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. cd

cd Member

You know, the more I look at this picture, the more I see! I'm just going to shut up now. :p
    Take care,
    -Cristine