New Enclosure project

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by HK_JJ, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Saucy

Saucy Well-Known Member

They should be fine to mount. Just use screws with a nut on the back or short screws that won't go through the MDF. Is that bottom part big enough for a beardie??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

yea it a big unit, pleanty space for a beardie...especially my baby beardie thats going in there

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

The UV light seems to very high, you need to make sure your bearded dragon can within 6" of the bulb.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. cameron1

cameron1 New Member

thats awsome! what are you putting in the two top ones?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

well my beardie is going to have his favourite piece of driftwood in there. so he will be high enough...my auzzy frilled is going in the big top one and the other top one is going to have my female veild.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. galacticgeckos

galacticgeckos New Member

wow thats amazing!!! great work! how do you install a incandescent fixture/where do you buy the fixtures

12. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

thanks, i went to home depot for the new floresant fixture ends and just mounted them to the top of the enclosures, i used bike tubbing in between the wood and the fixture for some extra protection. i used the the ballasts from fixtures i already had. it was easy to wire all together with fresh wire i bought.

the heat lamps are just store bought exo-terra lamp that i just mounted.

13. pigger93

pigger93 Member

hi im no expert on veild chams but arnt they supposed to be kept inside of one of those netting cages?

14. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

no not necessarily, as long as there is good ventilation they are fine, half the veild tank in this thing is screen, so she'll be okay.

15. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

ok almost done, i just need to make the door for the bottom tank

[​IMG]

16. cameron1

cameron1 New Member

looks awsome. i wish i could afford to build something like that.

17. pigger93

pigger93 Member

WOW looking very nice, u made good time it seams.

18. vafbt

vafbt Embryo

thats a great idea!!!! now im looking around at furniture and thinking how it could be turned a cage lol

19. cameron1

cameron1 New Member

i turned an old tv i found in my grandmas basement into a outdoor enclose for my beardie. ill post pics of it once i get my camera workin.

20. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

id like to see a pic of that cameron1, iv thougt of turning an old big screen into an enclosure. as for my project it didnt actually cost much...

plexi glass $20
    expanding foam $9 (x4)
    door trim $15
    back board $6
    vents $3 (x3)
    clear coat $8
    stain $6
    floresant lighting $30

i had the heat lamps and wood already so i didnt have to buy any.

21. cameron1

cameron1 New Member

wow that is pritty cheep. The tv isnt anything special i just gutted the whole thing and then took some 1/4 massonite for the back put a little shelf in there with a ramp so he can get on it so he can just bask and catch some real rays outside and a plexi glass front and theres reptile carpet in there. ill post some pictures tomarrow night.

22. Fable

Fable New Member

It looks like you have sand in there? Im pretty sure Bearded dragons shouldn't have a loose substrate don't know about frilled dragon. Nice job on the project.

23. HK_JJ

HK_JJ New Member

yea everyone on here has different opinions on sand, iv never had a problem with it impacting my beardies, and i know of alot of people using sand for there dragons also.