New Chewie, FINALLY! :-D

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by StikyPaws312, Jun 15, 2010.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

YAY! Lol, so I have finally gotten an adorable little PI chahoua hatchling I drove down to Philly to pick him up yesterday and here are a couple pics of my new little one.

Here he* is, just taken out of his shipping container:
    [​IMG]

His new digs until he gets older:
    [​IMG]

What I had made for him but he's MUCH too little right now... I'd never be able to find him!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couldn't help myself, had to hold him a little little bit before letting him go into his new home
    [​IMG]

Hanging out
    [​IMG]

Checking out his new diggs:
    [​IMG]

He's so adorable and I'm so happy I got him :p
    *I always refer to any hatchlings or "ifs" as "hes" because if they don't drop any I am pleasantly surprised lol

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

oh my god he is adorable. ive never seen a gecko like that before. hurry, tell me about their care lol

i really like that bin, where did you get it?

and that adult enclosure, just wow

once he settles in he is going to be very spoiled isnt he

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Lol He is a hatchling Pine Island Chahoua. Very similar to cresteds... they have almost the same requirements, they just get a bit larger and have much different patterns... kind of like a mix between a crestie and and leachie, lol. I LOVE them and have been wanting one for 3 years... sadly I could have bought one 3 years ago (before they were gaining popularity) for $175... now I just barely got this little guy for $350. The higher price is due to not many being around as well as being fairly difficult to get a hatching (they only lay 2-6 eggs per pair and definitely don't have as great of a hatch rate as cresties)

Here are 2 pretty good care sheets:
    http://www.leachianus.com/geckos/mossy-pre...us-chahoua-care
    http://newcaledoniangeckos.com/7.html

And that tub I had gotten at target on sale last year when I was moving, lol. A quick search online and I couldnt find the exact one with that lid but I did find that Walmart has some seriously good prices online on set of storage bins... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-64-Qt-...t-of-6/13376577

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

thanks for the links and information. he really is adorable

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

Awe, Sticky, he is SOOOOOO cute!