new baby!! just hatched

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Nimbus, Feb 9, 2006.

1. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Well now that she has shed you will want to offer food. Pin head crix would be a good option, gets them some protien right away. If nothing else put some babyfood in there.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Nimbus

Nimbus New Member

I am going to raise them on CGD...so I mixed some up... I think the directions on the bottle suck because it did not gel after several HOURS so I am not gonna do the 2 parts water 1 part mix anymore, I am going to have to put in less water. ANYWAYS...BOTH of my babies are all hatched now and the one that just came out of the egg went right into shed and she is still her newborn red color...so I misted her abit and put her in the rubbermaid I prepared for her... I added more mix to the CGD so that it is thicker and I pours some for each of them (seperate rubbermaids) and I touched the tips of their noses with the CGD so that they know they can eat it and taste it and stuff. so I hope they will eat some. I kinda realise I wont know if they did or not, but I know if this is their only option they will eat it and it has everything they need.
    I dont know if any patterns they have now will be the same in a wekk or month from now, but they look to both have a pattern right down the straight of their back that neither the mother or father has, its nice.....I cant wait to get my camera back and give you folks some clear photos.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Raising them on CGD will make it easy for others to feed if you decide to sell them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I've noticed the latest batch of CGD that I have (exp 06/10), mixes better at a 1:1 ratio...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. crusty1

crusty1 Member

what gender does most of your hatches turn out to be? male or female?
    here we get wayyy more males, its hard to find a female, and if u do, a full grown one is a bit more...anyone else like this? or is it pretty much 50-50

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. field_hockey_gal

field_hockey_gal Well-Known Member

He won't be able to tell for at least six months. Even if they were incubated at a lower temp, there is still a chance that it could be a male, or visa versa. Most turn out to be 50-50, but some say that the temp can determine a higer ratio of females/males. But still its basically a 50-50 chance.

OK, with a penny beside me - that gecko looks TINY!

12. VAherper

VAherper Member

you add water by weight. misting the eggs isnt good for them. i used 1 part vermiculite to 1 half part water. just weighed it every week and added the weight in water that was lost back into it

13. satanic_maiden

satanic_maiden Member

congratulations, look forward to updates.

14. Nimbus

Nimbus New Member

ok here are some nice pics of the babies at 4 days old... you can see they look the same except one has more white on its tail that the other. I dont know what their patterns are gonna turn out to be like , but I hope they are pretty.
    These 2 pics are the 2 babys curled up sleeping
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/cre...ko/S3010079.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/cre...ko/S3010080.jpg
    This is one of the babies that jumped onto my hand
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/cre...ko/S3010083.jpg

15. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

SO Adorable!!!! Good luck with them!!!

16. crusty1

crusty1 Member

wow, there so small, and they have really nice lookn tails to

17. field_hockey_gal

field_hockey_gal Well-Known Member

Very Cute.
    Good Luck with them - I hope all the other eggs come out well. :)

18. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Aww so cute can't wait till i can get mine and breed