Need HELP on Converting A Bookcase Into A Dispaly Case :)

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Sassy_Tiva, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Sassy_Tiva

Sassy_Tiva New Member

So I have decided to turn a tall (7 ft) wood bookcase into a 4 -tank display case ( keeping 2 sections open )
    The space for each tank will each be 13" deep x 14" Tall and 32" wide .....anyone ever done this before?

I would love suggestions on what to line the inside of the sections with....linoleum....wallpaper etc.....as well as good ideas on the doors.....pull down doors or sliding plexi doors?? Types of Silicone or anything that's IMPORTANT for me to aware of :)

I know tons of you out there are very creative and I just need a little jumpstart on what I need to purchase to get this going ASAP LOL

Thank You!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. takagari

takagari Embryo

RE: Need HELP on Converting A Bookcase Into A Dispaly Case :

a plastic spray paint or roll on paint for th einside would work best.

As for shelves. do not use the peg method that cam with the setup. I would line up. drill an dmount in new boards.

remove the back pain and use peg board instead. this will leave enough for air to come through. then I would use heat tape for powering it :)

You can go two ways with doors... Put in aliminum slides.. or put the doors on hinges?

I plan to buy a book shelf at walmart to do the same thing with...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sassy_Tiva

Sassy_Tiva New Member

RE: Need HELP on Converting A Bookcase Into A Dispaly Case :

Thank You!!