My ruthvens

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Louie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Louie

Louie Member

This is my male who lives in a 55 gallon with a shelf (he loves the shelf) and one pic of the female who lives in dragons4you cage on bottom.

The female sleeps Jan to March regardless of temps but the male is out all yr long.

RUTH A.jpg

RUTH 2.jpg

RUTH 3.jpg

RUTH 4.jpg

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Gorgeous! I'm absolutely in love with the male's coloring = )

I'm beginning to see that shelves are a very useful tool for many species of snake; I have one built in for my boa and he uses it frequently - but seeing this I now see that some Colubrids may very much enjoy them also. I was actually told by GiantKeeper Reptiles that some of his old caging with shelves were relished by his Blood Pythons as well, a species I would never expect to have any interest in being off the ground.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Louie

Louie Member

Thank you he is 9 yrs old now.

They do like shelves as the female has a shelf built in the enclosure and she also loves it.

"I have one built in for my boa and he uses it frequently"

As a kid I lived in Panama suburbs for a year and saw plenty of boas on telephone poles and balconeys. Some were rather large and hefty .Sadly I wasn't into reptiles and fish like I am now and didn't enjoy it like I would now.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Karlee

Karlee Member

They are beautiful animals!
    I really do favor the female, what is her name and where did you get her? She is really pretty to look at.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Louie

Louie Member

I got both from a place called Peace river herps which I no longer see in ads. I got her 8 yrs ago . Yr after I got him.

I bred them twice and got both colors as some looked like him and some like her. She is normal color. There was very little interest in the babies because they were popular and sold in most sites but now you don't see them much for sale .

PIC3.jpg