My Rescued Iguana

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Peachesm33, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Peachesm33

Peachesm33 New Member

Zookie is my 3rd rescue. The only problem now is he will not eat much and I have tried everything and all kinds of different greens, vegies, fruits....he takes a couple bites and thats all ...he drinks alot of water but wish he would eat alot of food .....Thank god he sees the vet Tuesday and will feel much better. I bought him a harness yesterday and have to work with him to get him into it. he fights so much and just tears my arms up , he's so defensive since the previous owners abused him...i keep talking to him telling him he's ok now and trying but he just doesn't want to hear it LOL ....He stands straight up and all stiff and comes at me when I go near him .....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. matt cole

matt cole Embryo

my iguana is named charlie sheen

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Peachesm33

Peachesm33 New Member

My friend backed out of paying for the vet to see this Iguana but he is doing alot better, the tail IS healing good but i just had a new issue happen 2 days ago....I JUST HAVE TO TELL THIS >>>.Zooki hasn't ate too much since I rescued him, figured he was just stressed out from all the drama he endured. He pooped lol 2 days ago and I couldn't believe my eyes and kept saying OH MY GOD.....I have never in my life seen any reptile poop out something that big...upon removing it I seen it was a lime green colored childs sock......I'm still in shock knowing he could actually pass that sock,,it was like 6" long and about 2" around.....I'm suprised it didn't kill him....since he passed it hes been much better and now he's eating so much more , seems all he wants to is eat..

Enharmonic likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh my goodness! I'm glad it passed ok! Guess kids socks the color of lettuce won't be bought again, lol, woops! Hopefully now that his appetite is back he'll heal a bit quicker :) Good luck!