My new Damatian ? crestie Ain't he perdy?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by stina3246, Oct 25, 2004.

1. stina3246

stina3246 Member

:) This is Darby (Darby O'Gil and the little people....LOL) My new Dalmation Crestie. At least I think he's a dalmation. He was at Petco...in with other Cresties of all sizes. The cage was nasty but at least they knew enough not to give them a heat lamp. They were fed only meal worms and the water looked like pond scum but surprisingly they all looked fairly healthy. Darby doesn't seem to worse for wear. He eats great, (small crickets of course and he even enjoys a little baby food) He's active and has pooped plenty. I'm keeping a close eye on him though just to be sure. He's going to be my female crestie Willow's "husband" when he grows up. Is there any guide to know if I breed him to Willow (She's supposed to be a fire?) What will I get?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This Is Willow. Not great pics but it shows her color.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

He is very purdy, Stina. I like him a lot. In answer to your question about breeding, the great thing with breeding cresties, is that you can always be surprised in what you get with morphs when you breed. I was told by a friend who breeds them, is that there is never a guarentee as to what you might get when you breed them. Even the most normal looking morphs can have some amazing looking babes. I do believe that Darby is a Dalmation, and Willow is very pretty as well. I know that you'll be bound to have some beautiful babies when you do end up breeding them.

Good luck!
    Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

like Dyla said crestie are the wildcard of breeding you not sure what you'll get until you get it and yea it seems like a dalmation pattern and wow your fire is awsome. you got nice looking cresties there Stina