My New Crestie

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by MichaelM, Feb 26, 2005.

1. MichaelM

MichaelM New Member

I just bought a crestie from the show today, and after its cage was all done i put it in there and it ran underneath of a log cave and its been there since and not to the plants.. this is my 1st crestie.. so is this normal im just asking out of curiosity since i've never owned one before.

edit- also i forgot to add that it im guesing 5-6in. ? If i take it out and measure it will it get stressed and i also need to measure the space between its eye because i need to know what size crickets i need.. i dont want it to drop its tail.. the breeder also said he was 2-3 months old this a common size? Also, i keep spraying my cage but the humidity is staying the same and isnt moving, why is this?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MichaelM

MichaelM New Member

I also have eco-earth cocount bedding, do you think that it is to small for that?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Dont handle him, give him some time to settle. He's also quite young...

All new herps need some time to become accustomed to the new surroundings and habitat. It's a very stressful time for him right now. The hiding is perfectly normal, give him a week or two to settle and get used to things. After that he should start perking up more and begin to explore and eat.

Don' handle him and keep him as stress free as possible. Noise a to min, low traffic area, etc. He'll come around. Congrats on the new addition!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nuggular

nuggular Well-Known Member

Spray the tank with warm water and the humidity will rise. Or your gage is broken.