my new cali king

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by mojomuppet, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mojomuppet

mojomuppet Embryo

a year old cali has come to live with me. he/she is about a year old and 19 inches long. we have decided to name him( since we dont know i will pick) barcode bob. he is very beatiful and he seems to be doing well. he ate a pinky today. im not sure if this is the right size mouse for him so i started with the smallest one. he had NO problem with it and soon i could not even see it inside of him anymore. i was wondering if it should have been bigger? the lady that had him before me seemed to know quite abit about snakes and had several some she had had for years. she said she was feeding him a fuzzy once a week. but i was concerned as it seems every four days seems to be better. so i leave the question to the forum to help me decide. bob had no problem with me handling him and we "played" for about 2 hours without him biting me or vise versa :wink: . he is in a "tupperware" container right now but it has holes punched in the side of it. he sticks his tounge out of the holes. he cannot get out but im worried that he can dammage his tounge this way. this seems to be the home he has been in, but i want to make sure this is ok. also does the water bowl go on the side were the heating pad is or the other? she told me the heating pad goes on low. he does not spend much time over there so am i doing something wrong? there is not pillow case type of cover on the pad so do you think it is to hot? i know its alot of question but i want him to be a happy happy boy untill i fiqure out what to do about getting him a new home. thank you so much for your attention.