My Iguana cage.

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Calder, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Calder

Calder Embryo

Hi! (First post... ;-)

I finally have enough room to build a cage for Iguanas. Been waiting for that for 15 years! :)

I'd like some comments on the second version on my site, which is the one I choose to build. Any info on what else to think of would be welcomed!

The terrarium (or is it vivarium in english?) will be built from a spare room. Small waterfall and creek, floorheating, rainsystem and flourescent lighting have been choosen, and the cage will be monitored/controlled with 1-Wire thermometers and switches...

Images and a buildlog is up @ http://calder.hobby-site.com/

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Calder

Calder Embryo

Thought I'd give you an update on what my iguanacage looks like now:

[​IMG]

Still a lot of work to be done, will begin putting on fibreglass in the creek tonight!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Wow - that is going to be simply amazing! Please keep us updated, I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bossk

Bossk Embryo

NICE! Can I move in?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Calder

Calder Embryo

Have thought about moving in there myself! ;-)

[​IMG]

Have started to epoxi on sand on the sides of the creek now. This is after the second pass... Will probably need another one tomorrow to build up some strength!

---

http://calder.hobby-site.com

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Spazzy3

Spazzy3 New Member

WOW, I wish I had a whole room for my dragons, they'd love it!
    Looks like quite the project you've got going on there, but I bet its gunna look AWESOME when you're done. :)

12. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

WOW...that is all I can say. If I dress up in green attire, can I pretend to be one of your iggy's? I swear I will get along with them...lol

13. Calder

Calder Embryo

Only if you dress in green! :)
    However, I haven't bought any iguanas yet so it might get a bit lonely! ;-)

14. Baker14

Baker14 Member

thats going to be simply insane. Im sure your iguanas will love it!

15. vildotcom

vildotcom New Member

i see lots of crazy enclosures like this in European webpages. hey! what do you know, Sweden!

very cool setup. something i'd like to do one day.

16. Calder

Calder Embryo

Yeah, we're crazy like that! ;-)
    I've been waiting a long time to be able to build something like this. Didn't make up a budget for it (would probably never get started if I did), but I'm keeping track of all or most of the expenses. Will reveal the cost when it's completed...

17. vildotcom

vildotcom New Member

im renting a place while i apply to vet school so the most i could do is convert a closet or one corner of my room to make something like that.

looking good though. i like the viewing/computer room. makes a lot of sense. imagine having an enclosure but never being able to view it unless you took the time out to enter the room.

18. shinchanyo

shinchanyo New Member

awsome!!!i wish i was green and had a tail i could totally sneak in and be an iggy lol.u dont see me ...lol keep us in of wat u do.and when i finish u better show us lol

19. Calder

Calder Embryo

[​IMG]

Layed out and glued the heatingcable tonight... Time for the electrician to come over and hook it up, to see if it works - before casting the floor!

20. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

hey, cool cage, looks great, wish i had the space to make stuff like that for cooter, and the female im getting for him.
    oh, also nice autoCAD drawings, im doing that in school right now, but im just making shapes and stuff lol, did you make them yourself?

Jake

21. Calder

Calder Embryo

Yes, I did them myself. A very good program to try out ideas in, instead of doodling on paper (I suck at that)...

22. Calder

Calder Embryo

23. Kingkier

Kingkier New Member

Its amazng what your doing!the iguna u get wnt believe its luck lol

24. Calder

Calder Embryo

Do you have any links to other big enclosures? Would love to see some! :)

25. jcfire236

jcfire236 Embryo

what kind of epoxy did you use? i havent been able to find out what is safe and what isnt, and ive been wanting to build a new cage for zeus, my cwd, and a new one for atlas, my iggie.