Lost snake.

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Bunny_Too, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Bunny_Too

Bunny_Too New Member

I fed my BP and one of my corns and my other corn is in shed so I decided to take my milk out. I couldn't find him so I took the hides, branch and water dish out and checked the substrate, nothing. I am not sure how he got out I must have not had the sliding top pushed all of the way in. I have never lost a snake before and this is probably my favorite so I am a bit devastated. I keep all of my reptiles in the lowest level of the house in the family room. There are a million places in the lower level where he could hide and I tried to check them all. Tonight I am going to pull everything out of the laundry room and also place a thawed pinkie in a critter keeper with some substrate and a hide and hope he stops by for lunch. How likeley is it that he climbed the stairs? would it be most likeley he stayed on the floor he was in. I have a cat that I am sure would eat him if she got a chance but she would leave some "parts" so I know this has not happened yet and I am keeping her outside for right now. Any other ideas?

Ironically, just yesterday I responded to a newbie post about tanks and preventing escape and I stated that I had never had an escape in either my screen topped cages with clips or in my retile designed tanks with sliding screen tops. I guess I jinxed myself.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jono12

jono12 New Member

This has happened to me a few times when i first started keeping a lot of snakes (especially with homemade cages). I found every one of them within a day, all in the same room. I always did what you did by setting out some food and water and waiting, and searching. The only advise i can give is to continue searching and concentrate on the room where it escaped and in unlikely places(i found one in a bag of open substrate).
    good luck