Looking to buy a custom enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Albertamike, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Albertamike

Albertamike Embryo

Hi all,

I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this but the title says it all... I am looking to have an enclosure made for an adult male panther chameleon.

I envision the back panel being a built up cork, with a persistent water feature. The sides and front would be screen and if it all possible I would like to incorporate a canopy with all requisite light and heat for the breed. I'd also like to include a misting or drip system and if that system could also function as pseudo-irrigation for a live plant(s) all the better. Obviously plants should be installed in such a way as to be easily removable/replaceable if they die.

I am quite fine paying a premium and if happy with the final product I can see it leading to additional projects in the future (poison dart vivarium... Im looking at you). It's worth noting that I live in a high altitude, zero humidity environment... So the enclosure should compensate for the dryness.

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate any direction you can offer.

Mike

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm, I don't know about the rules...

I was looking into making screen enclosures for $ once but I never went into it, I just like to make my own... yours sounds like a really fun project but I think you'd really have to find someone close to you who would do it, I don't think shipping something like that would be the best idea... look around on this site, there are some plans for pretty nice tanks and a couple how-to's out there on youtube and different sites.... I think your best bet would be to go to www.glasscages.com or pick up a zoomed or exoterra tank and maybe do it yourself... You could also inquire at any local reptile shops to see if they have a breeder or some one who designed their vivs...
    Good luck!