looking at sites of b/p for sale

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by lil_shy_aries, Jul 23, 2009.

1. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

I'm back.
    herps thank you for the sites. as I was visiting the sites. I came across a name of a morph and cant figure out what this would be could anyone show me a pic or tell me where to go. perferabley a site. lol. j/k
    I found this in the faunaclassification, its 66%hetpied? the number was 09-dhd-2008-31-1 thank you.
    and maybe someone has the knowlege of what snakes they are mixing to make new morphs and if anyone knows which ones that are not a good mix or are still in the trials of creation. that way I dont end up with a female that is gonna inherit problems.
    example I do doberman pinchers. there are 4 colors. seen by the akc. black and tans, reds, fawns and blues. akc doesnt see the albino or the white.now whites and albinos are extreemly prone to skin cancer and other cancers. fawns blues are known for the skin problems and hair loss. some if they get a sun burn which could happen just going outside to go potty . kills the hair these are the types im curious of. in the making of the morphs.
    thank you so much
    shy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

"Het" is short for heterozygous, meaning that the animal carries the genes for the morph, but it doesn't actually look like the morph.

A 100% het for piebald means that it is definitely a het; a 66% het for piebald means that it might not be a het. The only way to find out is through breeding.

So basically, het for piebalds look just like normals, but if you breed two together, they produce piebald babies.

The only real problematic morph is the spider ball python; most spiders have something called a wobble. It's worse in some than others. When they are excited, they loose their balance and may loose coordination. In example, when they feed, they may strike and miss the prey. Even if you are told that a spider is wobble-free, it will most likely wobble at some point in its life. As long as the wobble is not severe enough to keep them from swallowing food, it is not generally something to worry about.

Check out NERD's morph list I sent you yesterday. Click on a morph you like, and it will explain how to produce that morph; in example, a spider ball python bred to a pastel creates a bee.

Snake genetics are complicated, but as long as you don't inbreed, there shouldn't be any problems.

Snake breeding isn't the easiest either and can be very risky to your snake. Plan very carefully, read as much as you can, and make sure that the female is at least two years old and 1500 grams and that the male is at least one year old and 600 grams.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

herps,
    you are full of information, thank you for sharing it with me.I did actually stumble on to the site that explains genetics. spent some time there. and enjoyed the afternoon getting a education. thank you again.
    shy