lookin into gettin a iggy

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by rezon, Aug 13, 2004.

1. rezon

rezon New Member

hey its a shame that, that goes on i was wonderin would it be good to get it from a breeder and if so how much would that cost

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

First off why have you not reported this yet!? A reptilerescue is a better Idea so you can adopt a iguana with a bad past life but make its current and future much better.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. rezon

rezon New Member

i havent reported it cuz its a shame how the ASPCA doesnt take action i been reportin these damn chicken and roasters that are in the back of my building 4 a while now since last summer and every time they tell me there gonna "investigate" but the just BS mei have even called the gov. and still no action has been taken

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. iturbott

iturbott Embryo

Pet stores are the leading cause of Iguana death, they do not educate the puchaser to the animals needs, they sell products "made" for them which end up slow cooking them and the 2 Iguanas I have were rescued from a pet store and a staff member of the same store.
    As people have been saying, report them, to the police, the ASPCA and to any other animal protection organization you can find. The sooner you do this, the sooner you will save these helpless creatures.
    The "supplies you speak of can be bought at grocery stores, hardware stores and online.
    I built my enclosure, we ordered the lights from a Reptile Rooms reccomended vendor and the food is fresh from the fruit and vege section at Food Lion.
    There is no need to even step in the doors of a "Pet" Store.
    If you really want a reptile, look at what you have in the way of space available, time to spend with the animal and what you want in terms of special needs as all reptiles have differing special needs.
    I learnt the hard way, I adopted before researching, now my wife and I study hard, work hard and spend as much time as possible with them.
    Do the right thing and save a reptile today