Lizard at petstore, species?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by KrazyKelli, Jan 25, 2005.

1. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

LOL He's just been waiting for the right person...that wouldn't care if he bites. They hate it when they can't intimidate you! lol My gecko was the same way. They guys at the pet store were terrified of him! Don't you just love the fact that people are terrified of an animal that could...at worst...maybe...cause you to need, say, 1 stitch! lol
    I understand about the money...but again, the ultrasonic isn't necessary so don't worry about it. And the one we got was kind of small, just held maybe a liter of water so that's why it was cheaper. If you really want to try one, I'm sure you'll find one on sale somewhere, at some point.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

Haha, I just hope that the person that's use to being bitten is me this time. I'd be traumatized if I got everything together by next weekend and someone buys the gecko.

My only other problem sides getting everything together on time is what I'm going to name the golden gecko.. I can't seem to come up with a good name that fits with 'wild', 'golden', and 'bites alot'.. heh..

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

I love picking out their names...best part of getting new animals besides the actual animal. Let us know what you name him and get pics of the setup!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

I'm going to name the gecko Axe D. Squic. Keeps the pirate name thing going (Named a friend's eventual leo Spiffy Joe Squic) and I wanted something sharp and pointy as the first name.. Haha, hope Axe here doesnt' mind. :D

Once I find a camera and get everything together in a week, I'll take pics of that And the gecko when I get it.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

I'm sure if you went in and paid for the gecko, they would hold it until you get set-up. Ask, you may be surprised.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

I did ask, they said they didnt' want to waste away feeding it and taking care of it after I paid for it. But they still assured me that noone else wanted it but me and I'll probably be the one getting it.

I went there and bought a 10 gal tank, lid, clamps, catlitter, and catfood. 16 dollars. Why? Because they forgot to ring up the tank. Heh... I'll probably bring that up next time I come in, but it made my day... XD

12. biochic

For a second there, I thought you'd bought the cat litter and food for the gecko...had me worried! lol!
    Note to self: read the signature!

13. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

HAHAA, hahahah. Nice, catfood for the gecko.

14. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

I'm getting Axe D. Squic tomorrow! GRAH! I can't wait!

^^ just thought I should tell everyone.

15. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

congradulations!

-julez

16. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

The gecko I wanted taildropped so I got the secondary gecko I wanted. When I got him I thought he was a golden gecko til he got out of hte box. Turns out he's a marble gecko. Whoops XP

Well, I still like Axe. =D and I hope he likes his tank layout.

edit... Or.. is he a marbled gecko? I looked at pics of both and I'm completely unsure. He's got a golden color but has a very light and dark pattern. I'm going to say he's still a goldie, take a picture, and let you decide.

17. KrazyKelli

KrazyKelli New Member

I got the marble gecko a while back, as said.. tomorrow (thursday) I'm getting 'the mysterious golden gecko that this thread was made about'..

Even if he dropped his tail, he must be mine! I'll never forgive myself if I let 'teh gecko that got away' stay free..

Blast you, people saying I couldn't stop at just one lizard!!!