Live webcam

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by hobotramp, Feb 27, 2003.

1. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Just thought I'd mention (in case you hadn't noticed yet), it looks like Baldor has knocked the video camera upside down. Creates an interesting view of his enclosure!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

LOL... you were looking when we were removing his tank to go to his new home...... I think we will put Sherbert and Shaq on the cam mow...let me change them now

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Okay, we are putting Dolemite under it so his future owner can see him ....

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

Why won't it let me see Dolemite. :( Do I have to download something in order to get the live web feed?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sometimes the web-cam is down (when Dolemite is sleeping). Try again later. If the box on the Home page is black, it means he's sleeping, if the picture is there, but you can't get in to see the larger image, then that is a different problem.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

When is the best time to see the webcam? By the way, did you just move up to the title "Posting Freak"? I like that :( LOL

12. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Yeah I noticed the name change too. Guess it applies well to me. I find the afternoon or evening seems to be the best time to always be able to see stuff on the web cam. Axe and Cheri's beardies are gorgeous. Check out the image gallery if you haven't already.

13. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

When I click on the picture I only ever get to see that picture that is always there. It never seems to change. Is it on a frame timer?

14. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

How long do you leave it? I find it changes fairly regularly, although I'm not sure if it's once a minute or what the time factor is.

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

The pic on the actual webcam page updates about every 30 seconds or so. Basically because it's running off cable, and if a bunch of people are watching, it can eat bandwidth pretty bad, heh.

It's live straight from the camera above their tank. Shak & Sherbert are on it right now, and they're usually on from about 11am-midnight or so.

If the picture is just a red X, and the image doesn't load, that means the webcam software crashed, heh. So just E-Mail me, and I'll fire it back up (I am looking for a more reliable alternative).

16. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Is that what the red X means? I just thought it meant you had turned off the camera. Now I know better.

17. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

Cool, I saw Shak & Sherbert on it tonight. They'll pretty cute. They were just laying on top of one another. Beardies must be pretty social with each other eh?

UncleLunchBox :)