Litter box?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by PS-RagE, Jul 26, 2004.

1. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

And finally, the last of my questions. Would it be safe to put a litterbox in the dragon's cage (see this post)

He always "does his buisness" in the same place, so I thought it would make the cage a lot cleaner (and less smelly) if I could scoop it out. There is a particularily nasty smell coming from there now after I fed him some cauliflower last week (whew). I've also been feeding him more fruit these days and I'm sure that is not helping either.

Thanks for reading my posts, BTW

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

the litterbox seems like a good idea i wish mine would poop in the same spot lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kornyali

kornyali New Member

I heard that litter is not good for your Iggy. I would try to find some natural litter. I tried to do the whole litter box thing with my Iggy but he just went around it in the same area. So I have to deal with his stinkies.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

our igs poop in water. we keep a water-filled rubbermaid big enough for them to get into in their cages. gotta keep the water clean, though, cuz the igs will drink the water, too. they always head for the water dish to do their business.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. njupiter

njupiter Embryo

walmart sells some great wood pellets, that aren't cedar or pine, so its none toxic, and i use it in my iguanas litter box in the bottom of their cage and it works great. I really helps with odors too. They also sell liter that is recycled paper which works good too. I don't have a bag of either here so i don't have the names. But you can find them with the gerbal supplies.