Large bin Snake Rack (plan)

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by supernova, Oct 25, 2011.

?

Was this Helpful Information?

1. Perfect!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A Little...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. not for me but Worth Sharing

100.0%
  4. Not at all helpful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. supernova

supernova Member

After seeing allot of controversy over best safe heating for reptiles I thought maybe I could help by sharing my plans for a snake rack I am building in the next few weeks. My snakes are like family so I am custom tailoring this Rack System for my needs so we can still view them and give them room to move around. I will include a detailed list of materials after I finish this project.

This rack is being built with the highest grade electrical products on the market and includes CFCI circuitry along with audible and visual alarms for any anomalies in temperature and wattage spikes.

After seeing many articles about fire hazards and injuries to reptiles I am taking no chances!

Here is the general design that may change due to variances in what works most effectively.
    I have many years experience with electrical systems and am building everything to current (2011) code for components used, However Some components used have not been tested for this particular application so I have to add this: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES IF YOU USE THESE PLANS.

[​IMG]

I hope this will help give everyone an idea of how you can take safety measures to protect your family,both human and reptile. Most of the products I am using are available from any electrical supply house or Web source but make sure they are all compatible voltage/wattage specifications.

JEFFREH likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Very nice, you'll have to post pictures when you build it. Is this for your future babbehs from Mr. Sexy and co.?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. supernova

supernova Member

I will keep my bigger snakes in the enclosures they are in now but that's only 4 of them. I am going to portland to pick up 3 females this weekend along with my newly acquired spotnose dinker so i will have a total of 9 come monday. :) I want to make sure i have room as I am sure I will have hold backs for my projects. So excited about this breading season I can't keep my bank card in my wallet....lol. My budget for this racks build price is around $1k.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Lol, 5 more snakes in one trip. I hope you've stocked up on ratty nom noms. =D And it goes without saying, but pics are required.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Nice! Thank you for the plans! Definitely need pics when you're done :) Maybe a detailed parts item list would be awesome... If you'd like to share once you're all done :) Thank you!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. shewolf

shewolf New Member

Yup hubby busy with the rack :) So everyone knows I'm supernova's wife. I see he's claiming all my babies LOLZ. Oh well there ours all expect one....Luna is my little girl :)

Cammy likes this.
  12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Welcome to the forum shewolf!