Lapidary's Rhacodactylus geckos

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Lapidary, May 19, 2012.

1. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

Ever since I got my first two cresties, I've been dying to get some more. For now I have to wait, because there really aren't that much interesting morphs in Finland, but in the meanwhile, I thought I'd introduce my current geckos.

1.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus CB 09/2010 Finland (Flame) - Närri
    [​IMG]

Närri (I'm unsure how to translate his name, so bear with me) is without a doubt the most greedy little blockhead I've ever owned. He thinks everything that moves inside or outside his enclosure is food - that's why I feed him with long tongs, just keep my fingers safe. He's become quite difficult to handle since he likes to jump from high places. A lot. xD So I've decided that it's a lot safer for him if I just leave him alone.

The birth certificate I got with him states that he is Flame, but I've never really tried to figure out if that has changed. He's got a lot more black/reddish dots now, but the amount is probably not enough to call him dalmatian?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

0.0.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus CB 10/2010 Finland (Tiger) - Tomusormi
    [​IMG]

Tomusormi's name pretty much translates to Dustfinger. (Actually both of my geckos were named after characters in Cornelia Funke's Inkheart trilogy.) Even though she's almost as old as Närri, I'm still not exactly sure whether or not she's actually a female. At first I thought Närri was female, too, because he developed quite late, so we'll see what happens with Tomusormi. I don't really care which one she'll be, because Tomusormi will always be my little frog (well she looks like a frog in that picture xD).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. There is a reason I didn't name this thread as Lapidary's crested geckos. I'm getting one auriculatus soon, and I'm so excited! :D

StikyPaws312, JEFFREH, Cammy and 2 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Awesome pics! I love the faces on those guys... they always look so happy!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Lapidary

Lapidary New Member

Thanks!! I really like taking pictures of cresties since they always end up looking just maniac with those big eyes and wide grins. :D