Kenyan Sand Boa: Won't eat

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Ohana, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Ohana

Ohana New Member

RE: Re: RE: Kenyan Sand Boa: Won

Yeah, this one is just a baby too, I am not sure how old he is but he is still young.

Well I am glad to hear that your youngn' is doing better and has had a shed. That is great. I keep mine in particulate sand. That should be ok right? No, not Calcisand just some regular sand from a hardware store.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

RE: Re: RE: Kenyan Sand Boa: Won

that stuff should be fine as long as you feed him in another container so he doesnt get a mouthfull of sand trying to take down a mouse. the only reason i dont use sand is i dont like how dusty they get being in it, they dont look as pretty and a love the colors mine has.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

RE: Kenyan Sand Boa: Won

yeah KSBs are vdimorph, the females will get about 24" long wereas males will only get on average 16"

So you keep your in with anoles, im suprise the snakes dont eat the anoles and go after the crickets

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Snakes can't be kept on Calci-Sand. And they can't be kept with Anoles. I'm suprised the snakes are eating for you. They are obviously stressed out, sharing a cage with four anoles. And it sounds like you are keeping the two Sand Boas in the same cage as wellm, am I correct? You are going to need to seperate all of the reptiles.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

especially if its a male female pair becuase theyll start breeding