Just an update....

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by UncleLunchBox, Apr 25, 2003.

1. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

Hey guys,
    It's been a while and I'm sorry I haven't been in here more often; I feel so darn guilty :) . Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that I found what seems like a pretty good vet and well this was a couple of weeks back so I'm sorry I didn't tell ya'll sooner. I know, I know....Shame on me, yeah. I got a fecal exam done on her and everything was just fine and he gave her a clean bill of health. I just have a problem of worrying about her too much I guess. The only thing he told me to try and do is to get her to eat something other than crickets but she's just a stubborn little winch. She's addicted to crickets and she won't even touch waxworms. If any of you guys have run into this problem before please let me in on some secrets or something. The doc just said that she needs a more varied diet and crickets should consist of no more than 50% of her meals. Other than that, he said her weight was fine and everything and that she was well hydrated and he said she was a beautiful gecko. I think so myself, even though she is the only African Fat-Tailed I've seen in person ;) . I'm going to get a pic on here one day so that you can all adore her and be absolutely envious of me, hehe.
    Now that I've updated you, I have a few questions, AGAIN :D ! Here I go bein' a pest once again, LOL. I have her on cage carpet for now because I just can't stand the sight of paper towel or newspaper. I'd like to switch her to something more natural now and my vet said not to put her on any type of sand no matter how fine because she's not neccesarily a desert species. I am thinking about going with Bed-A-Beast(dried out of course) because I really just am in love with the stuff. It's what I use in her humid hide and she's ingested some already and it passes right on through with apparently no problem. Would this be fine or does anyone have any other reccomendations? I am also thinking about moving her into a much bigger tank and setting it up as a vivarium but I'll get that together when the time comes.
    Well, that's all I had to say guys so I'm gonna hit the sack. Nice to talk to you guys again. Talk to ya'll later!

UncleLunchBox :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

What about trying a variety of substrates in with her? we use carpet/sand, carpet/paper towels, carpet/wood chips or sand/paper towels.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

I don't quite understand the whole carpet(slash)papertowels, etc. Use them in conjunction? What exactly would be the point of that? Not trying to be a smarty pants or anything. Just confused on that one.

UncleLunchBox :)