Is this a dalmation + other questions

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by stina3246, Oct 20, 2004.

1. stina3246

stina3246 Member

:D OK....here is my new baby crestie. [​IMG]Could this be a dalmation? Unfortunately his spots don't show up too well. You can see the bigger ones but his whole body is lightly sprinkled with black dots.
    I have a few questions. He is about 1/2 the size of my female. She is 1 year old so I'm guessing he's about 6 months? How long must I keep him in quaranteen before he will be safe to introduce to her?
    He can from a pet store that was feeding mainly mealworms and were not misting him so how can I "detox" him? (at least they didn't have a heat lamp on him) He did a poo almost as big as he is as soon as I put him into his enclosure, he gobbled down 3 crix and ate some babyfood off my fingers. He's busy roaming around his cage right now. The store told me if he turns out to be sick they'd take him back but I'd rather undo whatever damage may have been done and breed him to my female when he's old enough.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Good for you! From the pic he does look like he has a few visible spots, and if you say he is lightly sprinkled all over with more than I'd say that could very well be a dalmation!

I would wait a awhile for the intro between the two, if this guy is half the size of your other than It could be a wee bit younger than 6 months and its too small. I would wait until you are positive this guy is 10+ months. Preferably a year old.

To "detox" him, you can get him with spraying until he gets used to the idea, and you can feed crickets with a compliment of babyfood here and there. At this age babyfood is less important so feed more like 85% crickets to 15% babyfood.

He should be fine, if he was able to poo those mealwomrs prolly didnt get to him too bad. Watch him closely and try not to stress him for the next couplde weeks and see how he is to his home! Good Luck!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. v2r

v2r Embryo

give him 2-3 months alone to adjust and just let him eat!

thanks
    vaughn