is my water dragon healthy?

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by leon_kuyo, Jul 18, 2011.

1. leon_kuyo

leon_kuyo New Member

3 days ago i got a chinese water dragon, and i realzied he's brownish in the top of his body and ive seen videos of cwd that are all green. i was wondering if something is wrong or if thats his color for now since he's young.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Gecko&TurtleMaster19

Gecko&TurtleMaster19 New Member

Like i said in the earlier chat, It takes Water dragons almost 2 weeks to adjust to their new home. All juveniles are brownish to olive green. Make sure that the humidity is in the eighty's and the temp is in the ninty's. Hope i helped =D

leon_kuyo likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

He looks fine in the picture. If you can tell us about his setup and diet we can help make sure he stays that way. Is he already in his custom built enclosure or is it something you're working on? Either way, I'd love to see pictures. There aren't enough good pictures out there of "oversized" lizard habitats. Looking forward to see the little guy grow! =)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. leon_kuyo

leon_kuyo New Member

im working on buying stuff to make it a custom cage, i just got him 3 days ago so for now just meal worms and soon some crickets. and yeah im looking foward for my little guy to grow

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

Your reptile looks perfectly healthy ! keep it that way! Water Dragons are great lizards! I used to own one for 8 years, he just recently passed ;(

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. leon_kuyo

leon_kuyo New Member

sorry to hear that, and yeah he's my 1st pet and i love him already and i was just making sure

Eme Demiri likes this.