Is it odd...

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Darklightangel013, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Darklightangel013

Darklightangel013 New Member

Is it odd for an iguana to want to use me and my boyfriends bed as a dig nest? She has her own big dig box and two smaller ones in the room in different places, but she seems to prefer the bed. She goes digging in the bed while we are in it too! I don't think it's a bad thing and it kind a made me smile a little to think she feel safe enough that she would want to lay her eggs where we spend a lot of time. Does anyone else's iguana do that? Does anyone know maybe why she would choose the bed over her own box?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

It might be due to her feeling secure and maybe associating you with safety... knowing you will be around means to her that her eggs will be safe.
    Another reason may be that your bed, especially when your in it... is the perfect temperature for her eggs? lol.
    Either way it sounds very cute :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Darklightangel013

Darklightangel013 New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of both of those ideas, they both sound good! It makes sense, as when I used to take her to sleep over at my friend's house, I'd have her sleep on me the whole night and she stayed with me the entire time.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

It's not odd at all. Iguanas love soft areas like towels, pillows, and beds. She probably is digging there just because it's soft so it's fun, and because she thinks that it would be a comfy place for the babies that she thinks she's going to have. I'd try to discourage her from it tho... she may decide to actually lay her eggs there. That would be kind of... icky. You could fold up a nice clean towel and put it in her enclousure tho - my little Salvador has a little tiny baby bed in his cage!