intrested in getting rat/corn snake morphs or regular...??'s

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by rickjames, Sep 14, 2004.

1. rickjames

rickjames New Member

when i move out on my own, ill have alot more room for more tanks, so more animals as well...im going to be starting to breed my ball pythons that i am going to be morphing, starting with albinos...

anyhooo, about rat/corn snakes alike, how are they as pets, i know they say they are easy to maintain etc..but do they like to be carried around ie, like coiled around your arm or neck? i can do that with my pythons with no problem, they just chill and go along for the ride, and dont try to get away..are these colubrids like that?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Markey

Markey New Member

Markey is an eleven month old albino oketee. She loves to hang out on my wrist, but not for long periods of time. She is a very docile snake and I think she's very easy to care for.
    If I try to put her near my neck, she wants to roam....she does love to sit inside my shirt (cleavage area) and just poke her head up towards the opening of my shirt. Don't know if that interests you at all....lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. susyq

susyq Member

:D some are quite happy to just sit round your neck, some like to roam. my mates corn is a roamer, it takes it about an hour to settle down and just sit. on the other hand my snow will usually have a roam to taste the air and then coil round my arm or hide under hmy hair round my neck and the hatchlings i have at the moment are so chilled out that they have a little roam round my fingers to get comfy then get wrapped round one finger and just sit watching whatever im doing, mind you getting them back in their boxes is a laugh they usually wont let go and when you start untangling them they come straight back on my hand :)