Iguana personalities!

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Virginia, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Hi! I'm new here, and thought this would be a good ice breaker considering all the iguana owners I've met can spend hours talking about their pets!
    I'm a long time lizard owner, first time iguana owner and I must say, I'm loving the responsibility/experience. However, I noticed most people don't consider reptiles to be "personable" pets, But I've found just the contrary to be true. My iguana (baby desert spiny tail named Damascus) is a Beatles fan (the older stuff), is a good reading buddy, likes long warm baths and can spend hours staring at the clouds.
    So brag about your reptile's quirks and personality and general cuteness!!! :)

P.S.-I've noticed as of late, my iguana tends to hang upside down from the ceiling of his enclosure for long periods of time, he seems to be loving it, but I read that this supposedly is uncomfortable for them...? Should I somehow prevent him from doing this, or does it even matter and I'm being a paranoid mom?!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

I find animals don't really do anything they don't want to do. If he's not actively trying to get out (like pacing, digging, rubbing his nose against the sides) then I wouldn't worry about it.

My green iguana is a people person. He loves to watch people and when someone walks into my office, he follows them along his cage and starts climbing all over the place until they turn around and talk to him. lol