if?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by honey3, Jul 30, 2004.

1. honey3

honey3 Embryo

if i take my iguana out for daily walks on days that are 70-80-95 deg fer deos that mean i don't really have to get a strong uv light. she looks like she is getting the vitemin D she needs to keep warm. i have a heating pad under the vavarrium, and a heat rock that get about 80. i check it every day to see if has hot spots but nun yet. the heating pad gets as hot as you want it. and i feed her a made up diet that i got off of the website i posted. she has a good color and everything.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CybeR

CybeR Embryo

I would get rid of the heat rock. There are pretty dangerous, even if you do keep an eye on her. I would still get a uv light even though you take her out on daily walks, just so you have it incase you cant take her on a walk one day.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. honey3

honey3 Embryo

what are the price ranges for a 2 by 3 cage for about a 2 foot long ig. but i will be getting a bigger one becuase it is getting too small for her.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. honey3

honey3 Embryo

i mean the price for a uv light
    :lol:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CybeR

CybeR Embryo

i got my uv light for 20 bucks.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. honey3

honey3 Embryo

ok thanks if i have any pronblems i will reply. i probebly won't though

12. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

do NOT use a heat rock with ANY reptiles or amphibians. they do *not* aid in digestion, but they DO cause severe burns, raise body temperatures far too high, and run a high risk of electrical shock to the animal. heat rocks are one of the most dangerous *and* uselsss herp products out there. if you have the right heat lamps (outside the cage to avoid burns), the temperature will be fine. heating pads are fine as long as they are kept out of the cage (under the cage is great). but you *must* get the heat rock OUT.

unless you can take the iguana out at *least* every other day for at *least* an hour all year round, i would also have the uv bulb. they cost about $20, but last about 12 months (even if they are still lighting up after a year, you should buy a new one because they lose their ability to produce uv waves).