IDK Whats Going On

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by dmac1992, Sep 4, 2010.

1. dmac1992

dmac1992 New Member

For some odd reason my Leo waits until his/her (still a baby) humid hide is dry so he/she can go #2 in it. I use a tupperware with a hole cut in it and some paper towel. How do I stop this?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

if he only does it when its dry then i would keep it wet all the time which should be done anyways

you can also try taking out the poop and moving it where you want him to poop, sometimes leos get the hint from what ive read. ive never tried it so im not sure it will or wont work but its worth a try

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dmac1992

dmac1992 New Member

I'll try moving it, but he will literally sit inside until the moment its dry enough so he can poop in it.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

lol they are quirky little animals

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm... this might make cleanup really easy! Lol. Do you have enough room to give him or her a second humid hide and just keep that original one in there and keep it dry so it can be like his little bathroom? Nice for cleanup since it would really only be taking out that hide and washing it instead of the whole tank!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dmac1992

dmac1992 New Member

Lol! Yes! Cleaning is VERY easy. On his hot/warm side i have 2 hides (one normal/one humid), so no room for another. On the cool side i have 2 hides (that side has two levels and a hide on each). I don't want to make the humid hide his hot hide because I don't want him to sleep in his own feces.

And another question. If I change the whole set up and put totally different things in there, would he have to adjust again?

12. Shanna66

no he will be fine, i rearrange ethen's tank all the time and am always putting in and taking out stuff. its just the big move from pet store/breeder to your house thats tough on them, everything else is fine

13. dmac1992

dmac1992 New Member

Ok Thanx :eek: