Idea I'm considering

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Saborfk, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Saborfk

Saborfk New Member

I have an entertainment center that is only like a year old. But my retarded self went out and bought a nice big flatscreen...that doesnt fit in it. :)

So i want to turn it into a rack type system for my beardie crestie and leo and maybe enough room for a nother leo and crestie.

reptile_center2.jpg
    (lol Ya i know i gotz mad art skills)

First the beardie (yellow). I want to add his tank on top of it all so it would measure 47 L 19 W and however tall I wanted to make it maybe 20, 25 H? That would be around a 96 gallon tank.

The leo (green) would have the part off to the left...split in half vertically for a future leo :)
    So those two tanks would measure 18.5 L and 19 W and about 13.5 H. That is a little less floor space than my 20l. I was also thinking about putting a second level in each tank to give them a little bit more floor space like I have seen some of you guys do.

And last but not least my Crestie (red) and a tank for a future one. They both would be about 13.5 L 19 W and 27 H. That would be around 27 gallons.

I'm pretty sure that all of the dimensions will be just fine. I know the beardie and the crestie will have more than enough and if both cresties are female i could take the center divider out and have a 27 l by 27 h by 19w, Almost a 60 gallon tank. And the leos would have a second level to give them more space.

I want to figure something out for the crestie and leo tanks. i want them to be removable in case I ever have to move the entertainment system. I was thinking of making all the tanks out of plexiglass so they will just slide into place and just make the beardies tanks screwed in so I could just take the screws off and take the tank off the top.

But this is just some stuff I have been thinking about. Anyone have suggestions/ideas?